Advantages vs. Other Providers
IP terminal that can be used with a range of IP encryption devices and provides the following advantages:
- Single hop calls between U.S. Space terminals across the coverage area.
- High penetration alert signal to ensure calls get through to customers in disadvantaged areas
- Flexibility of satellite resource allocation – Where additional bandwidth capacity is required, the network can boost satellite power to concentrate up to 20 percent of the total capacity into a single beam, or up to 40 percent across three beams, as demand dictates.
- Each of the satellites is capable of redirecting more than 500 beams in orbit at any time, allowing the system to adapt to business demands in real time.
- Through the superior system architecture of the satellite communications network, customers are assured of continuous border-to-border coverage beyond the boundaries of terrestrial systems and cellular networks.
- With intelligent satellite architecture, featuring dynamic resource allocation, signal congestion is minimized in areas where there is a high degree of communication traffic – such as natural disaster zones or scenes of armed conflict.
- Through intelligent satellite technology, the satellite network automatically allocates additional signal resources in areas where they are required.
- Higher satellite G/T and EIRP allows for more compact and feature laden terminals than any other competitor.
- Innovative solutions geared for military special operations, such as discrete SIM, which scrambles the signal and places the GPS locator coordinates for that SIM into another location within the spot beam, rendering the user’s position safe.
- The first mobile satellite IP modem to support 384K streaming
- Very competitive streaming IP rates
- Flexible uplink/downlink streaming IP bandwidth feature ensures huge cost savings
- Control on costs through cost effective and efficient usage plans
- Dedicated capacity service specially created for military users to minimize the limitations of existing systems allowing “follow me lease” and flexible bandwidth allocation.
- User friendliness and flexibility to make changes in the bandwidth allocation by the customer anytime.
High beam power means smaller user terminals – critical for military use. Dynamic allocation ensures immediate allocation of satellite resources for the customer.
The user can add any number of terminals to a lease. Each terminal can be provided the bandwidth from 16 K to 384 K depending upon the requirement of the customer.
U.S. Space’s solutions for air, sea and land mobile communications cover 70 percent of the globe, covering a population of approximately 6 billion. Access extends to 140 countries, including strategically critical areas of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, as well as many international waterways. The coverage area extends from Europe to Australia and includes all the major military hot spots. The user can roam throughout the contracted satellite footprint, with availability not limited to a spot-beam.